Friday, July 29, 2011

Almost buttoned up

Today, Friday, has turned out pretty good.  We ended yesterday a little shaky and my comfort level was not too high when we started.  The biggest issue was trying to finish the cement work in the inside bathroom since that was the only thing left to do...well, you know how it goes.
Anyway, the mason started out and we thought he would be 3 days.  After lunch and a little more thought, we start at 5 a.m. on Saturday and then...finish!  Actually, since I leave Sunday, the mason wanted to finish before I left, so he re-calculated.  But we are going to get it all done!
It is amazing what God has done on this project.  The first 2 or 3 weeks were Ugly!  Then we started to see some real progress and then things started falling into place.  We had problems, but God has guided everything!
Today, Hafiz hosted a going away party for me with all my workers and contractors.  It was most interesting to here a Muslim cleric compliment me and acknowledge my belief in God as a basic in my life.  The men were stoic Muslims but God was present and an atmosphere of friendship was all around the table.  It was cool.
I would like to thank everyone who sent support to me from the bottom of my heart.  Your generosity made an impact on a neighborhood and an entire community.  You enabled me to help Rodger get his house prepared in a way that Rodger did not anticipate.  You helped provide over $700 in construction costs that we could not have foreseen.   You also helped me become Baboo and Amigo to some young men and children that I hope will have an impact in Eternity.
Thank you,
Baboo

No comments:

Post a Comment